You need to be a customer of Southside Bank with either Southside Bank debit card or a reference number assigned by one of our customer service representatives, and your account must be in good standing.
You can customize the design of your debit card in a variety of ways:
- Upload an image: Make your card one-of-a-kind by uploading your own image. The image will cover the entire card background. A fee of $5 will apply.
- Choose one of our “Spirit” designs to support your local school: You can purchase an existing design of one of our participating schools for a $5 fee, and we’ll donate $4 back to the school. The school designs cannot be altered.
- Select one of Southside Bank’s existing stock designs: If you’d rather choose one of our standard stock designs you will not be able to alter the card design. A $5 fee will apply.
Every submitted image is reviewed for compliance with our Image Guidelines. Southside Bank reserves the right to reject any image we believe violates our Image Guidelines. If an image is rejected, you will be notified by email within two business days. You may submit a new image any time following your rejection notification.
The fee to produce a personalized card is $5. This fee will be deducted from your checking account the day the card is produced.
Your card will be created and mailed within 3 to 5 business days after your image has been submitted and approved by Southside Bank.
Activate your new card immediately. If the expiration date on your card has changed, please inform any merchants with whom you have setup recurring payments of the new expiration date to ensure that your payments continue without interruption. The new card will have a new 3-digit security code (CVC) located on the back.
Upon card expiration, a new card will be issued. Unless changed by you, the same card design will be sent to you.
Lost or stolen card
If your debit card is lost or stolen during normal business hours, please contact your local Southside Bank immediately or contact us toll free at 877-639-3511. For 24-hour assistance, seven days a week, call 800-528-2273.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a personalized debit card?
It’s just like a normal debit card, except you get to choose the photo or image that appears on the card. Of course, there are image guidelines, but as long as your image complies with those basic rules, you can create a debit card that’s unique to you.
What if I’m not a Southside Bank customer?
You will need a Southside Bank checking account with a debit card in order to create a customized card. If you would like to apply for a Southside Bank checking account, visit our website to compare accounts and then visit any of our convenient locations.
How do I personalize the design of my card?
Card personalization is easy with our online card design lab. Just follow these simple instructions:
- Go to our website at www.southside.com and click on “Design My Debit Card.”
- Click on “Select My Images.”
- Upload the photo you would like on your card from your computer or social media outlets including Facebook and Twitter. You can upload multiple photos to experiment and decide which one you like best.
- Click on “Customize My Card.”
- Complete the name fields at the top. Customize the look of your card by rotating, resizing, and moving the photo. You can even adjust the image’s brightness, contrast and saturation.
- If you make a mistake while adjusting your image, simply hit the “Reset Image” button to start over.
- Once you are satisfied with the look of your card, click on “Create My Card.”
- You will be asked to verify your information and the final look of your card one last time.
- Click on “Continue.”
- Read the “User Agreement” and, if you agree, check the box at the bottom and then click on “Create My Card.”
- You’re done! You will receive an email within two business days, telling you if your image was approved or rejected.
Do I need any special equipment to order the card?
You just need a computer with access to the Internet and Adobe Flash installed.
Can I preview or store my uploaded images online?
You will only be able to preview your uploaded image(s) during the custom design process. Once you close out of the design program, the images you uploaded are not stored. Therefore, it is important for you to complete the card design process before closing out, as each time you open the program you will have to start the process over from the beginning. After 15 minutes of idleness, your design session will time-out, and you will receive a “Session Expired” notice. If you see this notice before you submit your design and receive a confirmation, you will need to restart the design process. Once your image has been approved, Southside Bank will keep the image on file for three years. If you choose to remove your personalization or select a new design, your original image will no longer be available.
How will I know if my image is accepted or rejected?
Every submitted image is reviewed for compliance and must follow our Image Guidelines. You will receive an email within two business days, telling you if your image was approved or rejected.
What if the image I submit isn’t accepted?
We’ll notify you by email if there’s a problem with your image, and you’ll have the opportunity to submit another photo. In most cases, it may be as simple as selecting an image that isn’t trademarked or under copyright. If you were paying to have a personalized debit card and your image is rejected, you will not be charged the $5 fee unless you resubmit another image and it is accepted. The service may be revoked from any person who continually submits images that violate our Image Guidelines.
How will I receive my personalized card?
Your card will be created and mailed within 3 to 5 business days once it has been approved.
What should I do once I have received my new card?
Activate your new card immediately. If the expiration date or number on your card has changed, please inform any merchants with whom you have setup recurring payments of the new expiration date and/or number to ensure that your payments continue without interruption.
Does customizing my card change my PIN?
Your PIN will remain the same.
How many times can I change the image on my card?
You can change the image on your card as often as you would like. However a $5 fee will apply to each personalized card produced.
Can my joint account holders design their own cards, too?
Sure! Every card associated with the account can be customized by the individual cardholder for a fee of $5 per card.
What size and format does the image need to be in?
The image needs to be in jpeg, gif or png format and at least 1024 x 786 pixels. To ensure your card looks as good as possible, choose a clear, sharply-focused image, taken at a high resolution (at least 300dpi).
Where does the image need to be stored?
Your image needs to be stored somewhere on your computer’s hard drive where it can be uploaded to our card design lab, or through our card design lab you can login to several social media outlets, such as Facebook and Twitter, to upload your images.
What if I can't upload the photo electronically, can I send a hardcopy?
No, personalized card designs can only be created through submission in our online card design lab.