Fraud Prevention for Businesses
If you can say "YES" to any of the following you may be the victim of a scam!
- Did you receive a request via email to update an employee’s payroll information?
- Did you receive a request via email to update vendor payment information for an upcoming invoice?
- Did you receive a request via email from a co-worker to send an “urgent” wire transfer to a new recipient?
- Have you recently been asked to enter your online banking credentials or update email passwords via an email or unsolicited pop-up advertisement?
- Has it been a long time since you updated your account passwords, or do you use easy-to-guess passwords?
- Do you regularly access your bank accounts or email on open public networks?
- Did you receive a call from someone claiming to be from Southside Bank and they asked for your passwords or online credentials? Remember, Southside will never ask for these.
For more information on fraud prevention you can visit these websites:
Federal Trade Commission www.ftc.gov
Internet Crime Complaint Center www.ic3.gov