Pay-a-Friend is a quick and secure way of sending and receiving money from friends and family FREE OF CHARGE! As easy as emailing or texting, use Pay-a-Friend to pay babysitters, split a check for dinner or send a birthday gift.
If you’re a Southside customer with a Southside checking account, follow these steps to set up the Pay-a-Friend service. Once initial setup is complete you will no longer need to complete steps 3 and 4 to send money in real-time.
1. Sign in to Online Banking through your desktop or Southside’s mobile app using your username and password
2. Select ‘Pay-a-Friend’ from the left hand navigation menu (if you do not see this as an option within your personal online banking, contact our Customer Care Team at 1.877.639.3511)
3. Read and accept the Southside Pay-a-Friend Service Agreement and Privacy Notice
4. Register your Southside Bank debit card
5. Select a friend from your contacts list (on your mobile device) or add your friend on the desktop
6. Send your payment securely using your PIN
7. Recipient will receive a text or email with a link to accept the funds
For more information and Frequently Asked Questions, please click here.