Southside Bank is committed to informing customers of local scams and Internet fraud. Below is information about the latest schemes and ways to avoid becoming a victim.
If you can say "YES" to any of the following you could be a victim of a scam!
- Is the check you received for an item sold on the Internet ?
- Was the check payable for more than the item sold?
- Did the check arrive by express mail?
- Is the check drawn on an account with a different name than the person who purchased your item?
- Did you receive something saying you're the winner of a lottery that you did not enter?
- Did the check come with instructions to wire the funds to a foreign country or large U.S. city?
- Are you receiving a percentage of the check for cashing it?
- Have you been asked to confirm or provide account information?
Ask your Customer Service Representative about Identity Secure.
For more information on fraud prevention you can visit these websites:
Federal Trade Commission www.ftc.gov
Internet Crime Complaint Center www.ic3.gov